Monday, February 14, 2011

You Are Invited...To My Little "Children's Party Design Advice" Blog Mini Series

Last summer I realized that one of the best ways of achieving my goals of celebrating the lives of children, would be by teaching others how to do it. The idea of a School of Children's Party Design popped into my head, and I was glowing with joy and excitement over it.  I later issued a survey to learn more about those who were interested--what they most wanted to learn, and how they wanted to learn it.


                                     
The survey results were incredibly helpful (a special thank you to each and every one of you who completed it!), and taught me so much! There was interest from people all over the globe, from Greece to Portugal, Australia to Brazil...and all across the United States.



I came to learn that there was a wide variance in what people wanted to learn, and how they wanted to learn it.  I spent months analyzing these results, brainstorming ways to create the best program possible.    As a perfectionist, I wanted to offer only the best of the best.


                                                {lovely image by McAllister Photography}


After much thought and consideration even discussing with a professional business consultant (without going into great detail of the bizillion of factors involved!), I realized the best way to help the most people possible, within my means, was to offer a free online "school of children's party design" mini blog series.  So here we are!




The next question was what areas to cover, as well as who would teach each topic.  I wanted true experts on the subjects (not myself here!)--those who have been in the business for years, people who have taught classes before or written books--and above all, people with a passion and love for what they do.




However, these brilliant minds in party design would need incredible financial compensation--no, not that they would ask for it--but because I believe strongly that they deserve it! The cost of the programs I dreamt to offer with courses from these experts was not something I thought would be financially feesible {without several thousand attendees}.


                                               {lovely image by McAllister Photography}


 A deciding factor in how to run this mini series, was based on a majority of your e-mails: It was with great surprise to hear that the majority of people interested in learning, wanted to learn my methods for designing children's parties--and learn more for personal use, not business {though I do love the business side of things too I must say!}. I see that I have been given the enormous opportunity to share what I know and have learned from my experience--the methods I use and resources I love.



It is *very* important to me to share that I am truly honored that even one person wanted to learn from me. That is a tremendous gift--a privilege I hold dear! {Of course I know many people wanted to learn from several experts in many fields--I would love that too!}


                                       {lovely image by Courtney Vickers Photography for Paper & Pigtails}



In addition to saying that, I also want to express that my mini "school of children's party design" blog series is not to be taken as expert advice! Rather, it is coming from my mind, my heart and my experience. I do not believe I am the end-all-be-all, and these are just my opinions and what has worked best for me--not to be mistaken for facts or as "the only way"-- as I believe there are MANY ways to achieve things.



Thus I have re-named it as "Kate Landers' Advice On Children's Party Design"! This seems a bit more appropriate and comfortable. 


                               {lovely image by Courtney Vickers Photography for Paper & Pigtails}


I greatly appreciate you taking that into consideration, realizing that all my posts on how I choose to design children's parties, are the best I have to offer you at this time, and are meant to be enjoyed as one of many possible ways to look at things...just one outlook, and certainly not the authority or the world's best!


                                      {printable by The TomKat Studio; image by the lovely Open Shade Studios}



 I look forward to running the series, and I hope you will enjoy it! I have some wonderful women who shared their expert tips that you will also see in the series, as well as great printable designers--because I know many people wanted to hear tips from others & great resources as well-- not just my two cents worth!



And having "children's party design" as the most requested subject (more than business aspects, dessert table designs, floral arrangements or cake decorating), that is the topic I will cover.





 I hope that if you feel so inspired, you may choose to launch your own personal children's party design advice mini series on your blog, too!

14 comments:

Heather - Chickabug said...

I can't wait to read all the advice you've collected, Kate! : )

DreamgirlLisa said...

Can hardly wait, always love your posts and ideas!

Megan said...

What a fabulous mini series! I cant WAIT to read it!!

Unknown said...

I have been waiting for this day ever since I got your survey. Thank you.

Paiges of Style said...

Can't wait to learn from the BEST! Thank you for taking your precious time to teach the rest of us!

STRAWBERRY FIELDS said...

I have been waiting with anticipation for this news since I filled out your survey.Very exciting!
Nicole

Jane said...

You may be interested in a blog post I did last month: http://louandjane.blogspot.com/2011/01/hosting-great-childrens-party-ultimate.html Jane:)

Rowaida said...

Love your posts and inspiring ideas, can't wait this is fabulous
Thank you kate

Suzanna ~ Mon Tresor said...

cannot wait! xx

Leoni said...

Yay!!! Pencil is ready, notebook is open, let the games begin! Can't wait to read it all Kate and since we all love your parties we are super excited to learn more about them.
Cheers,
Leoni

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone!


And thank you Jane for sharing your post. You create such lovely parties as you and I have discussed before, and it is wonderful to see your party planning advice using your expertise and sharing it with others!!!!

Anders Ruff Custom Designs said...

This is AWESOME, Kate. So excited for your series!! YOu have so much to offer!

Adriana said...

I'll be a daily reader! Can't wait! <3

denise said...

Looking forward to learning more about parties!!!