Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Teacher's First Day Celebration {School Supply Table}


A first day of school is worth a celebration....not just for the students, but for the teachers too!!!





My younger sister Julia is very excited about having her very first classroom, and preparing for it can be a bit overwhelming. Knowing her need for school supplies, I thought it would be a simple and fun way to help her out (I always LOVED shopping for my school supplies growing up!)



And of COURSE, presentation can really enhance the appearance of the gift!



Therefore, I did what I love (I really enjoyed doing it, I must say), and created a school supply "dessert table".



However, the only edible thing I gave her was a green apple for her desk.

 



I wish I thought of the school supply dessert table idea myself, but alas I did not.




 I first saw one on One Charming Party and immediately fell in love! So MANY (as in almost all!) of the ideas incorporated in this table were borrowed from her fabulous table. Brittany never ceases to amaze me with her brilliantly creative ideas!!!!





Julia is beautiful and unique, and off to a fresh start! Therefore I wanted to go with a green apple theme instead of red apple.




I used mostly white instead of black (dry erase boards instead of chalkboards), and hints of black for a sharp contrast.




The banner was simple, I made it with free a free printable pattern I found online, here. Love it!




Best of luck sissy, you will do GREAT!




{Special note: Table linens from Sweet Tea & Linen, cake stands by Rosanna, Inc via Layla Grayce}



6 comments:

Lili said...

LOVE this! so special!

testing 1 said...

I so love faux dessert tables and you did a fabulous job to start her on her first day! Love the color palette, a nice change from traditional.

Bellenza Bistro said...

Such a thoughtful and fun idea! Beautifully presented, too, of course. :-)

Craft That Party said...

Love the color scheme! I am falling in love with faux dessert tables, so fun and clever without the calories!

Julia said...

Aww, I'm somehow just seeing this now! Thank you sissy, that was so special and cool! I have to send you photos of the green buckets in my classroom. : ) They look awesome!

Julia said...

Aww, I'm somehow just seeing this now! Thank you sissy, that was so special and cool! I have to send you photos of the green buckets in my classroom. : ) They look awesome!