Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Kate Landers Events,LLC {Thursday Treasures}

After an overwhelmingly positive response to our {Thursday Treasures} debut feature, I am happy to bring you a new treasury this Thursday!

{Real Parties}

Ballet Party

As you may have read in my feature in Life: Beautiful Magazine, ballet has been a very important part of my life. Therefore, when I saw this precious pink ballerina birthday party by Melissa, I was instantly in love.


The incredibly talented Melissa has created some of the most amazing parties for her children, and often designs the invitations and other party details herself.

This invitation is nothing short of darling! Check out the full feature on Stylish Children's Parties here.

Vintage Strawberry Shortcake-Inspired Party

Once again the ever-talented Jessica provides loads of inspiration and charm with her vintage Strawberry Shortcake-inspired party. Jessica created a party that is very, berry sweet.

You will not want to miss all the incredible details. Hop over to Stylish Children's Parties for the entire feature here.

I know there are no boy parties featured this week, but get ready for some fabulous ones next week, sure to inspire you! I have some incredible *new* parties to feature on Stylish Children's Parties, and as soon as I can get caught up I will be sure to feature them, and share with you for loads of inspiration!

{Inspirational Women To Watch}

Chris Nease, Celebrations At Home

Chris is the talent behind Celebrations At Home. Her motto is to make the small celebrations in life stylish, and memorable. Not only does she have a wonderful blog featuring inspiring parties designed by others, but she is also a gifted party planner herself (check out her newest venture "Petite Celebrations" she will be launching soon--I personally can't wait!).

If that isn't enough, she creates custom inspiration boards and helped organize a fabulous group baby shower for the organization Operation Shower.


I'm obviously not the first to discover Chris and all of her many talents. Chris has been featured in the Richmond Times Dispatch, filmed a tv segment for Virginia This Morning (sharing budget friendly party ideas), and contributed to The Clutterbug's Guide to an Organized Christmas on Christmas entertaining. I highly doubt that the list will end here for her, either.


I am personally inspired by Chris and her ability to follow her passion for parties & entertaining, all the while using her talents to serve others. She has an eye for style and kindness that makes her a true standout in the industry.

Chris is well-established in the party planning blog world, and I can't wait to see what fabulous project or party she creates next!

Kori Clark, Kori Clark Designs

Kori Clark is a young woman with loads of talent, and a unique ability to use her design skills (she has a degree in Interactive Media) across many boards. Kori does free lance graphic design work (check out her website Kori Clark Designs), and in 2009 launched Kori & Kate with her talented photographer & friend Kate. Their business was created to offer beautiful templates for photographers--from albums to cards, marketing materials and more.

If that isn't enough, check out her newest venture, a darling line of printable party products and invitations, at Paper & Pigtails (I had the honor of working with her and Lindsey of Bella Grace Party Designs, as they created the stunning Woodland Fairy Party invitation & treats for me!). You can see the darling work of Paper & Pigtails featured on the biggest party blogs out there, like Hostess With The Mostess. I have no doubt we will be seeing a lot more of Kori and Paper & Pigtails, making a big spalsh in the world of children's party printables...and beyond!


Kori is also a devoted mother, and is testing out her own party planning skills with her daughter's upcoming birthday (a charming pink and green turtle party, one I simply can't wait to see!). I have no doubt she will soon discover she has talent in event design as well.


Kori is incredibly inspirational in her ability to be fearless in trying new things with her passion for design, expanding the ways she uses her design talents, and still stays devoted to her dear family.

Priscila Barros, Little Miss Heirlooms


Priscila was the very first lovely woman to reach out to me when I launched Kate Landers Events, LLC, in October 2009. She is incredibly endearing, and one of the best motivational speakers you will ever meet. A devoted mother to her darling sons, Priscila also manages to find time to build her Little Miss Heirlooms empire.

Priscila has her own shop, offering vintage pieces for children. I love vintage products, so this drew me in right away. She also has a fabulous blog, where she features some of the most incredible hidden talents in the world of children's style and design, worldwide. That's right, Priscila features businesses and entrepreneurs from around the globe, exposing the greatest in children's fashion, products, and parties, of course. I find her blog an absolute must to follow, keeping you in the loop on the latest and greatest new finds for children out there. She also is known for featuring some pretty amazing giveaways, too.

It was this year that Priscila took a huge leap and decided to launch her own e-zine, Babiekins. Wow. For those of you who know what it takes to put together an e-zine, you probably have a tremendous appreciation for her work here. She is constantly working on incorporating new product and talent in her online magazine, staging photo shoots and writing up articles designed to help you make every day of your modern life with your child stylish, with vintage inspiration.

Priscila is so incredibly passionate about what she does, is full of motivation and with her ambition I see she has the capability of growing her business even further. One of my favorite things about Priscila, is that when you converse with her through e-mail, she somehow makes you feel as if you are together in a cafe sipping iced tea and munching on cake truffles. She's genuine, and thoughtful.

{Fabulous Blogs To Follow}

There are two fabulous blogs I want to share with you today.

The first is In Good Company.
I know I recently blogged about their feature on our Woodland Fairy Party in their July issue, but I wanted to stress what a terrific and incredibly resourceful
blog they truly are.

If you aren't following In Good Company yet, you might want to take a moment to check them out, now. Just see what you have been missing!

The second blog is Sweetopia.
For those of you who love creating extraordinary sweet treats for your parties, this is a *fabulous* place to find loads of inspiration. You will find recipes, tutorials, and some of the yummiest eye candy out there. Hop on over to
Sweetopia, and stay for awhile!

Thank you so much for reading this week's {Thursday Treasures}! Please be sure to nominate someone you know for a feature--whether it is their real party, their blog, or them as an inspirational woman to know! You never know, you might just find them featured here...send nominations to landers.kate@gmail.com.










7 comments:

The Little Miss said...

WOW! Kate, that was some of the kindest words about me ever! You are just as sweet and genioun as they come and it is ME that is thankful for not only getting to know your business, blog and your many talents but the amazing person you are! I am so glad that our partnership has become a great friendship and I look forward to many chats and projects together. Hopefully someday we can sit down and have a real party together haha. I think it would be a dream to see you working infront or me just so I could see how you do it. You really are AMAZING! Thank you sooooo much! xo

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

Thank you Kate, for such kind words. I'm honored to be included here, and admire each of the other women as well.
It has been such a delight getting to "know" you better in this web-land :)

Kori Clark said...

Thank you so very much Kate for such an incredibly kind post! I am so honored to be a part of your Thursday Treasures along side some truly amazing talents! You are fabulous and one of a kind and I enjoy every opportunity I have to work with you.

Melissa Lester said...

Thank you for the mention again, Kate! And congratulations on your recent feature in In Good Company. I'm so glad your talents are being recognized!

Andrea Ofiara said...

Thank you for featuring such talented women! Inspirational is all I can say!! I'll look forward to Thursday's Treasures every week!!

Jessica said...

Thank you so much for including my Vintage Strawberry Shortcake party in your lovely Thursday Treasures!!! You are such an inspiration to me, Kate, as are the amazing women featured. Thank you for the daily dose of happy your blog brings!

Bird said...

YAY!! Chris is one of my favourite party stylists!! :)

Love,
Bird